In this episode Jeremy Thake talks to Rolando Jimenez Salgado on the extensibility story of the Office client.
- Customer Feedback for SharePoint Server
- New Cloud Storage Integration with Office on blogs.office.com
- Welcome to the New World of Office Development! by Todd Baginski
- Integrating AngularJS with Azure Active Directory Services and Office 365/SharePoint, Part 5 by Dan Wahlin
- Getting Started with the Outlook Mail API and Ruby on Rails by Jason Johnston
- Apps for Office Code Samples on dev.office.com
- Getting started with Apps for Office on dev.office.com
- Apps for Office Development documentation landing page on MSDN
- Getting started with Apps for Office on Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Shipping your Office App to the Store on Microsoft Virtual Academy
- The Office Store
Got questions or comments about the show? Join the O365 Dev Podcast on the Office 365 Technical Network.
The podcast RSS has been submitted to all the stores and marketplaces but takes time, please add directly with the RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/Office365DeveloperPodcast.
Rolando is a lead program manager in the Office Development Platform team leading the investments in contextual experiences inside Office clients (a.k.a. Apps for Office) as well as in providing building blocks for developers (a.k.a. Office Web Widgets). He joined Office in 2005 and since then his focus has been on developer tools, programmability and system integration frameworks. In Office 2013 he led the new apps for Office framework as part of the Office 365 cloud app model. He led the developer story for the new Business Connectivity Services in Office and SharePoint 2010 and also contributed features for external data integration like External Lists and External Content Types. Before joining the Office division he worked on various Microsoft business solution products including Duet for Microsoft Office, Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP and the Microsoft Business Network.
About the host
Jeremy is a newly appointed technical product manager at Microsoft responsible for the Visual Studio Developer story for Office 365 development. Previously he worked at AvePoint Inc., a large ISV, as the chief architect shipping two apps to the Office Store. He has been heavily involved in the SharePoint community since 2006 and was awarded the SharePoint MVP award four years in a row before retiring the title to move to Microsoft.
- Office 365 Developer Center
- Yammer Office 365 Technical Network