In episode 8, Jeremy Thake chats to Brian Jones, Group Program Manager for the Office 365 Developer Platform. As an Office 365 Developer you would have most recently seen Brian speak at the SharePoint Conference 2014 alongside his lead Rob Lefferts, Director of PM, about the future of Office 365 development.
In this show, Brian talks about his career at Microsoft and the journey he’s had in Office evolving the development experience with his team. This includes talking about the Open XML SDK, App Model and Office 365 APIs. He shares some great stories of the old world of three year release cycles compared to the new monthly release cycle including some pretty interesting ship party stories!
- Microsoft’s Unified Technology Event for enterprises on Office 365 blogs
- Poll vote on next episodes on Office 365 Technical Network
- SPSecurityEventReceiver – The Missing Technical Reference by Tim Ferro
- Remote event receivers on host web gotcha by Chris O’Brien
- OpenXML SDK Open Source announcement
- WikiPedia App Open Source
- Office 365 API MSDN doco
- Azure AD MSDN doco
- James Callaghan’s tweet
- Salesforce announcement
- Office Graph announcement
- Got questions or comments about the show? Join O365 Dev Podcast http://aka.ms/Office365DevPodcastYam on the Office 365 Technical Network
The podcast RSS has been submitted to all the stores and marketplaces but takes time, please add directly with the RSS http://feeds.feedburner.com/Office365DeveloperPodcast
Brian Jones is the Group Program Manager of the Office Developer Platform team which builds the extensibility model for Office and SharePoint. Brian has spent the past 14 years working on various pieces of the Office and SharePoint products with a primary focus on how developers can integrate and extend the platform. His initial focus was on extensibility with Word and then drove the development and standardization of the Office Open XML file formats. Since then, Brian has led the team that focuses on the cross product development model
About the host
Jeremy is a newly appointed technical product manager at Microsoft responsible for the Visual Studio Developer story for Office 365 development. Previously he worked at AvePoint Inc, a large ISV as the chief architect shipping two apps to the Office Store. He has been heavily involved in the SharePoint community since 2006 and was awarded the SharePoint MVP award four years in a row before retiring the title to move to Microsoft. You can find Jeremy blogging at http://www.jeremythake.com and tweeting at @jthake.
- Office 365 Developer Center
- Yammer Office 365 Technical Network