Has your well planned brainstorm been disrupted by remote or travelling colleagues? For Office 365 customer Ignite Social Media, trying to conduct creative meetings over the phone sometimes presented a challenge. Now, with Lync Online, the company has a reliable, real-time communication tool that’s breaking down state line barriers and taking brainstorming sessions to a whole new level.
Part of Office 365, Lync Online helps you connect with others through instant messaging (IM), video calls, online meetings, and phone calls. To help you get started and make Lync Online even more valuable to your organization, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite tips and tricks.
- How to set up Microsoft Lync Online for your business. First things first. This guide has just about everything you need to know about deploying Lync Online.
- Configure dial-in conferencing for Lync Online. Away from your computer? No problem, join your meetings with your phone.
- Set up your network for Lync Online. Configure your external firewall or proxy server to allow Lync traffic.
Now use it!
- Communicate outside of your organization with Lync Online. Communicate with contacts outside of your organization – even if they don’t have Lync installed! You should also check out the Lync 2010 Attendee desktop client.
- Use Lync Online to send documents. Skip the email and send documents to your contacts over IM.
- Set up Lync Online for a mobile device. Always stay connected with the Lync Online mobile client. Works with select Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad, Android, and Nokia devices. A full list is available at the link provided.
How do you use Lync Online? Share your story in the comments below!