Some people think football is a matter of life and death…I can assure them it is much more serious than that. Bill Shankley, ‘The Sunday Times’ (London), October 4, 1981
There is just over a month to the kickoff of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and under a month to the launch of Microsoft Office 2010– coincidence? We think not!
Cool apps that surprise and delight users—built by developers like you—are a big part of the Microsoft Excel 2010 vision. If you’re into developing Excel-based applications, then participate the Excel 2010 Developer Challenge- Soccer Edition! We’re looking for Excel 2010 solutions that will help the millions of soccer fans around the world enjoy the 2010 World Cup. Any application qualifies so long as it includes VBA code and prominently uses at least one of the new Excel 2010 features. Winners will receive some great prizes.
So bring together your passion for soccer and Microsoft Excel, and submit you application!
HOW DO I ENTER?
In order to submit an entry to the contest, you must do the following:
1 – Create an Excel application using Excel 2010 and post it online. You could download Office 2010 beta for free to create your application.
2 – Complete the short entry form
3 – Send an email with your entry form attached to firstname.lastname@example.org with Contest in the subject line.
Please submit your entry by 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on July 4th, 2010.
What is the Judging Criteria?
· 50.00% – Use of new Excel 2010 features and VBA: How well does the solution utilize the new features of Excel 2010 and VBA.
· 30.00% – Superior utility and thoroughness in the solution. Outstanding ease of use and elegance in design
· 20.00% – Relevance to 2010 World Cup South Africa™: Overall solution relates to the 2010 World Cup South Africa™ and helps users enjoy the experience more through Microsoft Office Excel 2010
What are the Contest Prizes?
· One (1) First Prize: An Xbox 360 Elite Video Game Entertainment System and a copy of the Xbox 360 game: FIFA 2010
· One (1) Second Prize: National team jersey of winner’s choice
· Twenty-five (25) Third Prize: “I Love Macros” T-shirt.
Please read the official rules of this challenge. We will also post the first and second prize winners entries to this blog before July 15th.