Steve Tullis & Pej Javaheri presented âIntro to Excel and Excel Services 2010â to a standing room only crowd at SharePoint Conference 2010. Features demoâd include:
- Pivot Chart improvements
- Filter Search
- Named sets
- Improvements to conditional formatting
- Excel Services:
- Client fidelity improvements & support of new Excel 2010 features
- (View) Support of workbooks containing images, VBA, etc.
- Edit & Collaboration in the Enterprise (SharePoint) and in the Cloud (SkyDrive)
- Leveraging JSOM to create highly interactive dashboards
- Interactivity, What-if, and modeling inside the Excel Web Access web part
- Embedding Excel-based content in Office Client applications using REST
Using the Q&A session â which continued for ~ 15 minutes outside the room during the next presentation â as an indicator, people immediately saw the potential for how their business could be impacted by these products, and are excited about getting their hands on the beta to try it out.