You can use your favorite social network to register or link an existing account:
Or use your email address to register without a social network:
Sign in with these social networks:
Or enter your username and password
Forgot your password?
Yes, please link my existing account with for quick, secure access.
No, I would like to create a new account with my profile information.
A customer's post on TechNet brought one of my colleague's attention to an error folks are seeing after applying SP1 to 64-bit Access installations and then trying to use a wizard:
The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. ... To open the database and delete the VBA project without creating a backup copy, click OK.
On clicking OK, Access doesn't open the database, offering this error message:
The code contains a syntax error, or a <DB_NAME> function you need is not available. If the syntax is correct, check the Control Wizards subkey or the Libraries key in the <DB_NAME> section of the windows registry to verify that the entries you need are listed and available.
Apparently, the VBE7.DLL file update included in the service pack prevents the opening of .ACCDE files compiled using RTM 64-bit Access. Because wizards are .ACCDE files, they could trigger the error depending on when they were compiled.
The customer who posted reports that uninstalling the service pack restores the functionality, and advises that people with 64-bit Access wait until a solution is provided before applying SP1. TechNet agrees (the mod marked it as an Answer), and so do I.
Stay tuned for that solution...
UPDATE: My colleagues are working hard to fix the problem with 64-bit SP1. Meanwhile, we've got a fairly simple workaround - 1) Delete all files in the <%Program Files%>\Microsoft Office\Office 14\ACCWIZ\ folder, 2) Boot Access - Setup will restore the missing wizard files.
Just as a follow-up in case it helps someone.
I've just un-installed SP1 and those very same Db's that were previously crashing are now working just fine. SP1 is definitely causing a problem on 32bit running on XP.
Thanks SmallTime - that's helpful information that I'll get to the folks working on this issue. It might be helpful if we could get a copy of a database file that had this issue. Wiould you be willing to share that with us?
Sorry, let me rephrase as it's too soon for us to conduct exhaustive testing to confirm everything.
Based on what we've experienced and the lack of compatibility reports among our Access 2010, 32-bit customers, we believe that our ACCDE's created for the 32-bit original 2010 version, work properly with SP1.
There's definitely a problem with the 64 bit version.
As I mentioned earlier, the Access 32-bit with SP1 has a bug. The same thing that happened to 'smalltime' is the same thing happened to me at desistalar SP1 32-bit Access everything returns to normal. But this does not occur when the format is: accde because I've tried with SP1 and functions normally the problem is only 32 bits Access to accdb format, that is for us developers.
Steven Thomas: I can I will send a copy of a corrupted database by SP1, just type the mail and sent it to you on the fly.
We've now got a KB article on the 64-bit issue: support.microsoft.com/.../2581301. Still looking into 32-bit...
Ok, I've written a blog that goes into this issue in more detail: www.fmsinc.com/.../Microsoft-Access-2010-Service-Pack-1-VBA-Project-Compatibility-Issues.aspx
There are two issues occurring. One is that Access didn't update its own ACCDE Wizards properly with SP1, so that's causing Access to break. Microsoft will probably fix that with another patch.
The other problem that they can't fix is with the ACCDE, MDE, and ADE files created with the original version of Access 2010 64-bit. That requires the Access developer to fix and redeploy. Of course, MDE and ADE files are not 64 bit so they don't need to be created in the 64-bit version anyway.
This KB article explains it in more detail: support.microsoft.com/.../2533794
Hope this helps.
Hello Ceac - I've got a better address for you to use to send your database file: email@example.com
Ok, Send the file to the two e-mail in the first rejection. It sent him back with a link for download.
Strongly support SmallTime that SP1 is a problem on 32bit running on XP. After SP1 installed, making even a small code change crashes Access 2010 and continues to do so. So an Access 2010 accdb that has been running and developing reliably for months cannot now be developed. Remove SP1 and that same accdb now allows development again. Decompiling is suggested as a workaround, but experience (see other forums) has been that this does not last and further crashes occur as further development continues. In any case, given a real-world client context with a range of users at different locations and with different levels of expertise using decompile is not realistic. Fix for SP1 URGENTLY needed; Microsoft are the only people who have the resources to check SP1 and either amend it or provide a fix. Please give this priority as it is affecting business and productivity.
I am facing the same problems as mentioned by Jon Farmer
Folks, we've got some 32-bit repros for this now and are working on a fix. I'll write a new post about it, but I wanted to make sure to acknowledge your help here in this thread.
Thank you so much for all the information you've given - it has been immensely helpful.
Eager to learn more about what situations cause the bug in the 32 bit environment. We haven't been able to repro the problem in our QA with the exception of Windows 7 SP1 changing the ADO version so that we have to build MDE and ACCDE files on a pre-SP1 version or XP or Vista.
Same problem with french version ms access 2010 sp1