Have you ever wanted to see someone else’s changes in a workbook right away, without refreshing or saving? Have you ever wanted to keep some cells locked and keep others editable in Excel Online?
Note: Excel Web App is now called Excel Online.
We’ll go step by step to demonstrate the latest and greatest features that Excel Online has to offer. (Reordering sheets, anyone?) Plus, we’ll have members of the Excel product team online, to answer any of your burning questions.
Click the link below or go to http://aka.ms/offweb for more information on how to join the series.
What you will learn
- How to see other people’s changes immediately as they’re being typed (also known as real time collaboration or coauthoring).
- How to make certain cells editable, and other cells not editable.
- How to quickly see sums, averages and counts without typing formulas.
- How to reorder sheets.
- How to rename a workbook without leaving Excel Online.
- How to start a new blank workbook without leaving Excel Online.
References for this webinar
- More info about Office Online (home page)
- Get started with Office Online (how-to & video)
- Introduction to Excel Online (how-to)
- Real-time co-authoring in the Excel Online: Why and how we did it (blog post)
- We’ve updated the Excel Online: What’s new in November 2013 (blog post)
- Web Excel Group (community)