Tim Woo is technical product manager on the Skype team focused on Lync Online.
We have released another update of Lync mobile for Windows Phone 8, iPhone, and iPad to their respective app stores. The new capabilities are top customer asks and demonstrate our commitment to deliver frequent mobile app updates that bring new and innovative features to Lync users.
With the latest release for Lync mobile, you can now:
- Join and participate in a Lync Meeting even if you don’t have a Lync account.
- Start an unscheduled (impromptu) Lync conversation (either IM or video) directly from your mobile device with multiple participants.
For more information, read our recent post on the Lync Team Blog.
This update builds upon the best-in-class mobile experience we began rolling out earlier this year with the first release of the Lync 2013. With the new features, you can now:
- Join Lync Meetings with full voice and video over IP using a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- View and join Lync Meetings right from the Lync mobile app using Exchange calendar integration.
- See shared meeting content from your mobile device
- Invite or remove participants in your Lync Meeting.
Join Lync Meetings right from the Lync mobile app with Exchange calendar integration.
For more information on the capabilities of Lync Mobile, please see previous blog posts from the Lync Team Blog:
- Lync 2013 Mobile Apps Available for Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad and Android
- Lync 2013 Mobile: Starting, adding and switching between communication methods
- New Lync features available to make meetings even better